Sell Art Online

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sockeye Salmon Dip Recipe, and a Little of This and That

Last week I posted a rich and decadent recipe that I entitled White Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cake. This weekend I set myself to experiment and come up with a layered chocolate mousse recipe and some chocolate truffle recipes, but lest anyone think that all we eat are sweets, here is an appetizer recipe that was created on the same day as the white chocolate cake. I have written it once again as a Suite101 article, and it can be found here: Sockeye Salmon Dip Recipe.
For anyone who may be wondering how we can put away all of these sweets...No, my husband and I do not exercise, other than the occasional walk and the "garden" and "house-cleaning" work-out. Our problem is that we have a hard time exercising just for the sake of it, and I am ashamed to say that whenever I come up with a regime, I usually only manage to stick to it for about four days before I throw in the towel. I hasten to explain that we always eat brown rice and red rice, stay away from white bread and pasta (unless it's whole-wheat), and almost never eat fast food, donuts, chips or store-bought goodies, and we never drink pop. Sounds fun-less, perhaps, but it leaves us more leeway for home-baked goodies!

One day, I hope to be able to take ballroom-dancing lessons, to combine exercise with fun with learning something I really want to be able to do well. That's the kind of motivation I need, *sighs*

I snapped this adorable photo this morning of our two boys. I think I'm going to call it "Brother Love." It's wonderful to witness how attached our two canine "kids" are. Icewind is superbly gentle with Keani, and is careful to have a "soft mouth" around his little brother. Keani is the typical bratty little brother who adores but torments his older brother.
These are some additional cute pics.
It's been about seven years since I got my BA from the University of Toronto, and now, in exactly three weeks, I will be returning to the hallowed halls of education and learning, albeit at a different university. Almost time to take a deep breath and roll up the proverbial sleeves.

Along that note... for those of you who, like me,  are fans of Dr. Seuss, here is a witty satire of his wonderful book "Oh, the Places You'll Go." I wasn't sure whether to laugh, or feel a bit depressed after reading it, but I enjoyed it enough to share: http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1806240

9 Comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for finding my Journal and leaving such a nice comment. I take it that you are still in the Toronto area...not all that far from here. Your dogs are both adorable and you have many interests that are of interest to me too. Love art, music, cooking and ballroom dancing.

MWebster said...

Hi Lori, thanks for coming by! I very much enjoyed going through your blog. I see you are a retired art teacher - I will be returning to school for teacher's college and specializing in visual arts.

MWebster said...

Hi Lori, thanks for dropping by! I very much enjoyed your blog. I see you are a retired art teacher - that's what I'll be returning to school for :)

The JR said...

All the recipes look good. Hope you'll get to take ballroom. I luv dancing. We use to do country and western line dancing. That's how we met.

The dogs are precious. I luv how IceWind lets his little brother torture him.

Good luck in going back to school.

MWebster said...

Thanks Girl! Among the list of "things I want to learn," ballroom is definitely near the top. Never done country and western line dancing, but sounds very fun. What a great way to meet!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Monica what can I say ?
Your recipes are making me crazy ! it all looks so good .. funny enough my husband was in Port Hope recently salmon fishing with a friend and they did catch some beauties : )
On the other hand .. I have a terrible sweet tooth and I am in love with that gorgeous chocolate treat !
What on earth can I say about your boys ??? They are totally adorable : ) and I would be taking pictures all of the time (my girls can get fed up with me ? LOL)
I know you will face some challenges but what an exciting time of your life this will be : )
Take heart .. it will all fall into place and you will be very happy with the results !
Joy : )

MWebster said...

*laughs* Joy, I think my boys do get annoyed with me for taking their pictures all the time. If they could, they'd probably roll their eyes at me and grumble "MOM, I'm tryyying to sleep!!"
Thank you for your encouraging words!

The Blonde Duck said...

Home cooked goodies are the best, anyway. I review places all the time for work and it's amazing how many treats I bring back for my husband and he turns his nose up because he likes mine better!

MWebster said...

Well, of course he does!

I agree that home-cooked and baked are the best. Quality control, y'know?

Keani, Tibetan Spaniel

Icewind and Keani - New Beginnings