Sell Art Online

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Blitz: Part 4 - Reaching for the Finish Line


after over 900 cookies, 150 (or so) muffins, 30 loaves of sweet breads (meaning banana, strawberries, etc...), vats of spaghetti sauce, broccoli cheese soup, ground beef with onions, sliced pork, 8 whole chickens, and various odds and ends (i.e squares, more chicken, another slew of ground beef), the finish line is in sight for "The Blitz." Good thing, too, since school for me starts in about three weeks.

The freezers? (we have two) - bursting. Thankfully, we were able to vacuum-seal everything except the bread, which should do fine in the amount of layers we wrapped them in.

Have I accomplished everything I said I wanted to this summer? Well, no, not quite, perhaps. But, mind you, I did add more to the list, including all those pieces of art that I've done (and four more I hope to do/ finish). I also completed my second writing course, culminating in a 200 or so page manuscript. Not the first manuscript I've completed, but the longest so far.

My goal was originally to finish two or three more outfits, which was made moot by the fact that my sewing machine pedal decided to give out about a month ago. I had almost completed another long swishy-skirt, too, the kind that ripples and flows when the wearer walks, but with the imminent return to school, it seemed pointless to spend money fixing the machine until I had more time to use it.

I also wanted to complete a second YA manuscript, finish editing a middle-grade one, and get started on a few more. I did manage to finish editing the middle-grade one, but the rest will have to wait a bit. After all, summer only comes once a year, so I've taken more time to relax with books, watch movies, and spend time with my human beloved and our canine babies.

Ah, Summer,  Why dost thou flee so quickly?




4 Comments:

The Urban Cowboy said...

Sounds like you've been busy...and accomplished quite a bit this summer.

MWebster said...

Thank you. I slowed down quite a lot after June/ early July - felt kind of weird and "lazy" about it, but figured that I had to take a long, deep breath before plunging back into things :)

The JR said...

Girl, take both hands and pat your self on the back.

You have done a lot.... Congrats on being so organized and motivated.

Wow, great job!

MWebster said...

Thank you :) After my piano student count dropped for the summer, I started feeling very unmotivated with all of my "extra" time, but I think (I hope!) that I am mentally getting back into that mode. Really needed that little break, though!

Keani, Tibetan Spaniel

Icewind and Keani - New Beginnings